Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baby's 1st Beach Trip

Monday Jake (baby daddy and long-time fiance) had the day off. I had very low expectations for this day because it was raining and we're low on cash funds, which usually means we lay around the house watching re-run hockey games and eating top ramen. But something magical happened, we woke up and contrary to the previous day's forecast IT WAS NOT RAINING! I jumped on the opportunity, as all true Oregonians are conditioned to do, and suggested we have some sort of great outdoors type experience. What if we drove to the beach? My suggestion was full of trepidation, as I braced myself for my idea to be shot down. Jake paused and then hit me back with a "sure, let's do it." Woah! We were going to do something spontaneous!!! Just like young single people do!!! I jumped into action, stocking the diaper bag with cold-weather gear, portable snacks, and extra baby wipes. Within half an hour we were off.

I wish I had an entertaining story to tell about some misadventure, but it was just a downright pleasant day. Here are some pictures to prove it:

Jake and baby look off into the distance. 

Here I try to compensate for my androgynous frump-monster outfit with adorable posing.

Oil residue. Beach bummer.

I call this photo Ambiguous Sexual Preference Girl Stands in the Dunes

Jake and I looked at this photo and realized how much our lives have changed. We used to be photographed looking like the sexy well-dressed life of the party. Here we look like we rode one of those oil waves on shore with some broken sand dollars. We may not be much to look at, but at least we have eachother.

Well, my clever ferret-like child has figured out how to get into our wine cabinet so I better get to work jimmy rigging a child-safety device. 

No comments:

Post a Comment